Tips For That Perfect Tan
BEFORE YOUR TAN
- Shave and Exfoliate at least 24 hours prior to coming with NO makeup, lotion, creams, perfume or deodorant on. The better you exfoliate prior to appointment, the longer your tan will last.
- Wax and mani/pedi should always be done prior to appointment, NOT after.
- If you don't have time to paint your nails, just put a clear coat over them so the spray tanning solution doesn't stain the nails.
- Come prepared with loose fitted clothing and wear flip flops (no socks). An ideal outfit is that dark colored maxi dress.
- Please come with your hair tied up and pulled away from your face.
- If it looks like it might rain, PLEASE bring an umbrella to prevent water spots.
DURING YOUR TAN
- What you wear during your tan is up to you. You may choose to go nude or wear your underwear/bathing suit. It is recommended to wear a dark colored bra, underwear or bathing suit.
- If you choose to wear something during your tan, make sure to place it where you want your tan lines to be.
AFTER YOUR TAN
- Avoid perspiration, showering/any water, lotion and perfume until the following day or at least 10 hours.
- Warm water rinse only for the first day. Soap is ok ONLY in private areas. After that, no scrubs or bar soaps or face creams. Don't be alarmed, the bronzer will get rinsed off but your tan will develop with in 24 hours.
- Avoid long hot showers, baths, extended time in chlorinated pools or any other products designed to exfoliate the skin. If you are going to swim in a pool, rinse off immediately with water and apply lotion. Pat dry with a towel, DO NOT rub.
- Using glycolics, retinols, etc. can cause fading.
- Do not wear a bra after being sprayed. You may put one on after your tan develops (10 hrs) and you rinse off.
- Use an oil-free moisturize (Avenno or Hempz) at least once a day (twice preferred) to prolong the life of your tan.
- Your hands and face will naturally fade faster due to frequent washing.
- Do not exfoliate for at least one week and try to shave as little as possible.
If you follow these tips, your tan can last 14 days.